Jump to content
  • Posts

    • Hi Tony! I think we can acieve all three if we can manage our time well. However, if we need to work while studying, I think it is hard to have enough sleep.  Thanks, Julie
    • Hi!  Thank you for sharing your education experience with us! I am studying in a Graduate Certificate program in Human Resources Management. We have seven courses every semester. We are learning Canadian Employment Law, Occupational Health & Safety, Compensation & Reward Strategy, etc. Time management is really important because we have many individual and group assignments.  Thanks, Julie
    • What is your profession/industry? Guidance Counsellor/Education What do you do in your position?   Counsel Students and Parents with respect to preparation for post-secondary, and connecting families with community supports.    What education, skills, and experience do you need?   Bachelors and Masters Degrees, EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH YOUTH, DEMONSTRATED COMMITMENT TO THE PROFESSION.    What inspires you about your work?   I sincerely enjoy working with our students, helping them unlock their unique talents and skills, thereby preparing them to participate in the future of our country.   What kind of person do you think it takes to do what you do?   Dedicated; sincere; detail oriented; love for people; passion to see young people success in their desired ambition.  
    • Hi everyone,  Recently, Dr. Simone reached out to us to offer a description of her career as an Educational Psychologist. Hope you all find this informative! "Personally, I was always curious about learning and learners so it made sense to me that I would become an educational psychologist. Educational psychologists are interested in how people (children and adults) learn, the difficulties they might have learning, how the learning environment might hinder or foster learning and what can be done to modify the learning environment so that people can be successful in their learning. Because I also wanted to work in a university environment where I could teach and do research  I pursued my doctorate or Ph.D. in Educational Psychology which I received from Michigan State University. As a doctoral student in Educational Psychology, I took courses in statistics, research design, human development, cognition, and instruction. My minor was developmental psychopathology where I studied areas pertaining to mental illness.  With respect to my degrees, after 11 years of elementary and high school, I obtained a B.A. in Social Psychology at McGill University which was a three-year program.  Then I pursued a two year M.A. with thesis in Educational Psychology (McGill University), and subsequently another four years for my doctoral degree or Ph.D. (Michigan State University).  Although I decided to become a professor educational psychologists can also work as consultants outside the domain of academia."  
    • In addition to being an ESL/EFL teacher, you could work as an IELTS examiner if you have education and work experience related to TESOL. What is IELTS? IELTS is a high-stakes English test for study, migration and work. There are two types of IELTS tests: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. The IELTS Academic test is designed for people who apply for higher education or professional registration in an English-speaking environment. The IELTS General Training test is designed for people who go to English-speaking countries for secondary education, work experience or training programs. The IELTS test covers four language skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking). What are the responsibilities of IELTS examiners? IELTS examiners are responsible for conducting speaking tests to IELTS standards. According to English Testing Canada (https://www.myetc.ca/), most speaking examining shifts are Saturday afternoons and evenings, with occasional Sunday and Thursday work available. What are the requirements of being an IELTS examiner? IELTS examiners need to have an undergraduate or Master’s degree. Applicants should have a recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). English Testing Canada requires applicants to have at least three years’ full-time (or the equivalent part-time) relevant TESOL teaching experience. You could find detailed professional requirements on the website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f4ea5eb3-856c-45d5-9fb9-a2d95ddf26c1&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_CA&type=JS  
  • Create New...