Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'undergraduate degree'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General Topics
    • Our Mission
    • Our Resources
    • General Discussion
  • Pathways
    • College
    • University
    • Certificates and Vocational Training
  • Careers
    • Skilled Trades
    • Science and Technology
    • Business and Finance
    • Education
    • Healthcare
    • Arts and Humanities
    • Social Science
    • Careers in Law


  • The Educated Engineer
  • Career explorations
  • Oh the places you could go... with a psychology degree
  • After School Blogs

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Found 1 result

  1. Based on my own educational journey, you do need some post-secondary education when it comes to Psychology. Of course, it also depends on what you are looking to do in the future. If you’re leaning more towards conducting research or becoming a therapist, you’ll definitely need to get a master’s or a PhD and get all the credentials in accordance to the province where you are. On the other hand, if you’re more interested in following a career path outside of ‘psychology’ per se then a post-secondary certificate or a master’s might be enough. Again, it would all depend on your career and what you ultimately hope to do. At an undergraduate level, it is really about first getting either an Honours’ degree (if you’re going to graduate school for Psychology) or a 3-year or 4-year degree if you are looking to go into any other field. Aside from that, it would also depend on what school you choose to go to. When I started my university career, I was not really sure what I wanted to get into later on, but I knew I was more interested in the behavioural aspect of the field as opposed to the research part. Although if you were interested in conducting research, you did have to maintain a certain average from your 2nd year onwards in order to stay in the Honours’ program. However, if you were not interested in research at all, then you could simply do a normal 4-year program. At my university, you were also allowed to do a minor or even a combined major. In my case, I decided to minor in Italian Studies. After I graduated last year, I did decide that I wanted to go into the Human Resources field, so I decided to do a post-graduate certificate in Human Resources Management right after. And I’m currently working towards that.
  • Create New...