Community Career Submissions

StudentCareerHub

What is your profession/industry?

A physical education teacher/Boarding House Parent

What do you do in your position?

Teach high school kids about the subject of physical education/care for 38 kids from different backgrounds at grades 9 - 12 for 10-months a year.

What education, skills, and experience do you need? 

Charisma, fitness, communication. Teaching experience. Experience with students and enjoy working with them, bachelor of kinesiology, education or health sciences.

What inspires you about your work?

students, being able to positively impact both from teaching health and wellbeing and from boarding in terms of guiding students through ups and downs of high school. Providing a fun yet challenging, safe and family oriented place for the boarding students.

What kind of person do you think it takes to do what you do?

someone who is energetic, reliable, dedicated, patient, adaptable to all kinds of different situations.

Student Advisor/Education

I give students information and advice about their personal issues, educational goals, career planning or personal development.

You should be graduated from educational or related programs. You should be knowledgeable and aware about educational system, student issues and career planning. 

Youth people are always positive and hopeful about future, They have bright ideas and they wanna change the world and impact people. When I listen them I became one of them, I share their feelings and excitements.

Person that likes to listen and help others. Person should be resourceful and empathetic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Plastic surgeon

Acute burn surgery and burn reconstruction; complex wound management - eg pressure sores 

Medical school, residency, fellowship, 2 masters degrees, college of surgery examinations 

Seeing trainees advancing their skills, Helping patients, working in a team, problem solving, applying plastic surgery principles, technical challenges, research and quality improvement work

Resilience, perseverance, attention to detail, ethics, patience, people skills, positivity, team player, mentoring 

• 1 month later...

Teacher

Teaching secondary school students about history, social sciences 

4 year honors degree, 2 years of teachers college (1 year when I did it)

I love that my job is different everyday and that I get to build meaningful relationships with students, which helps them achieve their goals. 

Someone who is hard working, patient, caring. 

• 4 weeks later...

Guidance Counsellor/Education

Counsel Students and Parents with respect to preparation for post-secondary, and connecting families with community supports. 

Bachelors and Masters Degrees, EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH YOUTH, DEMONSTRATED COMMITMENT TO THE PROFESSION. 

I sincerely enjoy working with our students, helping them unlock their unique talents and skills, thereby preparing them to participate in the future of our country.  

Dedicated; sincere; detail oriented; love for people; passion to see young people success in their desired ambition.