In my experience, I did not have to get a degree in Business in order to go into the Human Resources field. As mentioned in my previous education post, I actually went into Psychology and then after I decided to enrol in a post-graduate certificate in Human Resources Management. Even if you have not gone to university, there are certificates that are not necessarily for post-graduate students but instead just for anyone who is interested in learning more about the Human Resources field and wants to go into it. I do want to mention that because it is fully online, there is not a work experience component and all discussions are done through the forum on the course website. You would only have to go to campus to take the final exam or you can even just take it online and pay for the online proctoring service. I would highly recommend it, but it really depends on whether you are someone who is okay with learning on their own and do not need much guidance from a professor. That said, there are certificates that are not online and can be done normally face-to-face. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi! 

Thank you for sharing your education experience with us! I am studying in a Graduate Certificate program in Human Resources Management. We have seven courses every semester. We are learning Canadian Employment Law, Occupational Health & Safety, Compensation & Reward Strategy, etc. Time management is really important because we have many individual and group assignments. 

Thanks,

Julie